brown butter toffee sauce, whipped crème fraiche and crispy squash
1. In the bowl of a food processor add dates and pulse until very fine. Pour boiling water into bowl and vanilla. Let sit 15 minutes.
2. Sift flour, baking soda and powder into bowl. Set aside.
3. Using a mixer cream butter and brown sugar. Add molasses. Blend well. Add one egg at a time blending well. The mixture may look broken.
4. Add sifted dry ingredients and milk and mix until almost incorporated. Add date mixture and mix well.
5. Spray or butter lightly cupcake tins or ramekins. Fill just over half way with batter.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.