Salmon "BLTA" Salad with avocado coulis, heirloom tomatoes, hand torn croutons, microgreens
1. Cut smoked salmon into 1” square pieces.
2. In a medium sauce pan over medium high heat add canola oil and heat until hot.
3. Using long tongs place pieces of smoked salmon in pan and fry on both sides until crispy. It will be hot and oil will pop. Be careful.
4. Remove salmon from pan and lay on paper towel to drain.
1. In the bowl of a food processor combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
2. Refrigerate until ready to use.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a bread knife remove crust from bread and discard.
3. Tear bread into little pieces and place in a large bowl.
4. Drizzle half the olive oil on the inside edge of bowl and using your hands fold the bread into the olive oil. Repeat this step until all olive oil is used. Add salt and pepper and toss.
5. Place bread on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 7 minutes; remove from oven and toss. Bake 5-10 minutes more or until croutons are crisp.
6. To serve schmear about 1/4 cup avocado coulis on center of each plate. Place 3-4 slices heirloom tomatoes on top of coulis and drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
7. Next, add crispy smoked salmon and croutons. Sprinkle micro greens on top. Rose is a delicious wine with this salad!