Sourced from our friends at Tayler Shellfish, come and try Harissa Clams and Mussels
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat add olive oil, leek and fennel and saute until translucent. Add garlic, lemon zest, harissa paste, oregano, fresh tomato and smoked tomato puree.*
* You can purchase a 28 ounce can of Muir Glenn roasted tomato puree or make your own. To make your own heat outdoor BBQ to 400 degrees. Place 4 medium to large fresh tomatoes on BBQ and shut lid. BBQ for 20-30 minutes until charred and a little smushy. Remove from BBQ and put charred tomatoes in mixing bowl or blender. Puree to a chunky consistency.
2.In a large saute pan over medium high heat add olive oil and heat until shimmery.
3. Add leek and oregano and saute until translucent. Deglaze pan with sweet vermouth. Add Smoked Harissa Sauce and butter. Heat through.
4. Add clams and mussels. Cover pan with lid and steam until clams and mussels open.
5. Serve in large bowls with toasted baguette.
6. For some extra zip spread ‘nduja on grilled baguette.