16 oz. Bone-In Rib Eye, roasted forest mushrooms, creamed wintergreens, balsamic glazed turnips
1. Preheat oven 400 degrees
2. Place mushrooms, garlic and shallot in a medium bowl. Add olive oil and toss to combine. Pour onto a sheet pan and place in oven.
3. Roast 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. In a medium saute pan over medium high heat add bacon and cook until fat begins to render – 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and shallots and cook 2 minutes until shallots are translucent.
3. Deglaze with white wine until wine has evaporated. Add heavy cream and butter. Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Add parmesan cheese and nutmeg and stir. Set aside.
4. In a large saute pan over medium high heat add greens and toss until wilted. Squeeze greens to remove excess liquid. Rough chop as needed. Fold greens into cream sauce. Transfer to buttered casserole dish.
5. In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs and melted butter and stir to combine. Sprinkle over creamed greens. Place in oven and cook 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add turnips and cook 2 minutes. Remove turnips and place in ice water bath. Remove after a few minutes.
2. n a medium saute pan over medium high heat add blanched turnips and saute 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken stock and butter and simmer 15 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Season rib eye with salt and pepper and a quick rub with olive oil. In a large cast iron pan over medium high heat sear rib eye 2-3 minutes. Flip and sear 2 minutes. Place pan in oven and finish cooking 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature is 140 degrees.
5. To serve place rib eye on center of plate. Scoop mushrooms on top and sprinkle with grated horseradish.
6. Serve with Creamed Winter Greens and Balsamic Glazed Turnips.