Would You Like to Work at Salty’s?
Please review the information on this page, which comes from Salty’s Carry Card — which all employees carry at all times. Hint! If you want to stand out in your interview know this page!
- Our Motto, Credo and Pledge of Allegiance will be owned and energized by all our associates.
- All associates will successfully complete our training certification to ensure they understand and are able to perform up to our standards.
- Our standards are non-negotiable.
- Teamwork is essential. All associates will know the needs of their external and internal customers (guests and associates). Teamwork is critical to creating a positive working environment.
- Any associate who receives a guest complaint owns the complaint. Period. You are empowered to ensure instant guest satisfaction by reacting immediately to correct the problem. After the guest has been satisfied, document the issue and report your course of action to the manager-on-duty.
- Uncompromising cleanliness (inside and outside of our facilities) is everyone’s responsibility 24 hours a day, 60 minutes of every hour, and 60 seconds of every minute. Tend to it now. The person who sees it owns it, should fix it and address “how” and “who” later.
- Protecting our company’s assets is every associate’s job.
- Smile — give it to others — “we are on stage”. Always maintain positive eye contact and a positive attitude.
- Our words are always upbeat, always positive. “Good morning/afternoon/evening”, “Certainly!”, “I’ll be happy to!”, “My pleasure!”, “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”.
- Give good phone —Thank you for calling Salty’s, this is (my name), how may I help you?”, “May I place you on hold?”, “Thank you for waiting.”
- Know the critical facts about our services and products offered, how to give directions to Salty’s, our hours of operations, etc.
- Uniforms and grooming: You must be immaculate at all times. Remember: You never get a second chance to make a good first impression.
- Know emergency procedures and stations — fires, life safety, violence or robbery responses, etc.
- Notify your supervisor immediately any time you need assistance regarding hazards, injuries, or equipment problems. Practice energy conservation and proper maintenance of Salty’s property and equipment.
- You are our ambassador-at-large, inside and outside the work place. Always speak positively about your company and always give people specific reasons to come see us.
Salty's Pledge of Allegiance with Our Guests
Salty’s Pledge of Allegiance with Our Guests
- Our guests are the most important people in our business. We treat them with honest appreciation, gratitude and respect.
- We ensure that each of our guests knows that we want them to become one of our regulars.
- We depend upon our guests. We want them to depend upon us. They are our sole source of income.
- Our guests are part of our family. The minute they are at our door we open it for them. We give them a sincere, warm friendly and smiling welcome. We make them feel at home.
- We welcome our guests into warm, inviting, impeccably clean and fun environments where the temperature, lighting and music are always at the perfect levels.
- We call our guests by their name whenever and wherever possible. We know that this will make them feel important and appreciated.
- Our guests are not statistics. They are real people — like us. They too work hard and have feelings, wants and emotions.We are warm, understanding and supportive always.
- When a guest chooses us to serve their wants and needs, we are extremely appreciative and grateful. We know that they are doing us a favor.
- Our guests are never interruptions to our work — they are the reason for it! We are always promptly responsive, patient and cordial with our guests.
- We use all our attentive listening, product knowledge, communications, care and service-giving skills to anticipate, understand and exceed each of our guest’s expectations — thus encouraging their frequent returns and their telling others about our many wonderful virtues.
- Like us, guests are not always perfect. It is not our job to match wits with them. Instead, we choose to smother them with kindness.
- We believe our guests always deserve only the best — it is our duty to keep them informed about all of the wonderful products, festivals, celebrations and services we offer that could help to make their day; for example, verbals, current up-and-coming weekly specials, lunches, dinners, Sunday Brunches, food-focused festivals: Salty’s summer salmon festival “The Wild Ones,” Salty’s “Aw Shucks!” Amorous Oyster Festival, Salty’s “You Crack Me Up!” Winter Crab Festival, “Lobster Mania,” our “Just for the Halibut” festival, as well as catering, banquets, cafes, fish bars, etc.
- Our guests are people who make every one of our jobs possible. Our appreciation for this must be overwhelmingly clear. Upon their departure, it is the responsibility of each of us to thank them, thank them and thank them again — open our door and bid them a fond farewell, while providing several specific reasons for them to come on back and see us again really soon.